Sjørring Church

The village church Sjørring Church was originally consecrated to Our Lady, and bears the mark of Sjørring in the Middle Ages was the capital of this part of Thy.

The ship's north door, which is still in use, has a pair of rare, free-standing columns with profiled shafts.

The south portal has been removed, but was restored by a restoration in 1875.

In the cemetery is the so-called bishop's grave with two prism-shaped boulders.

Leaflets about the church can be purchased on site.

PHOTOS: Niels Clemmensen