The choir and nave are from the Roman period, approx. 1000-1200 - a time where many churches were built, in Denmark.
The church is characterized by several conversions. Originally the church consisted of a nave and chancel with entrance from the west. Later the tower, porch and vestry were added, all in the late Gothic style around the year 1500.
The church consists of dressed ashlar stone both inside and out, which is very rare.
Of the original Romanesque windows, only the choirs northern window is left.
An historical inventory was completed in 1971, inc. a major restoration and preservation.