Flade Church

Flade Church is built in romanesque style around 1150 of rough-hewn granite. In the south wall there is a sun dial in quarter-day periods. under the south window of the chancel there is a memorial inscription. On a stone in the east wall there is a carving depicting the hand of God blessing the earth. The pulpit is Renaissance; the altar piece is a re-built ambry in the same style, with permanent leaves in Baroque woodwork attached in 1702. The bell was cast in 1486.