The Museum in Try is an open air museum with several exhibitions:
The Watchmakers House covers the time from the antiquity up to the 1800’s and the peasant’s housing around 1800.
The Smithy exhibits handmade tools from the 1800’s and a Cobbler Workshop from the 1900’s.
The shop sells tickets and contains a kiosk as well as an exhibition of a general store from the 1930’s.
The farm called “Lille Knudsgård” with 60 acres of farmland was one of the 13 farms in Try in 1801. The farmhouse from 1835 is half-timbered in oak and is exhibited with the furniture from the last owners. The cowshed from 1904 is built in red brick and the barn is dated back to the 1800’s. It is a built with two rows of bearing studs in the house, wall with timber frame of oak towards the north and boulders towards the south. Here the agricultural tools of the time of cooperative farming are exhibited. When the farm was parcelled out in 1917, a fourth wing was demolished.
An engine house from 1910 contains a crafts workshop and the history of the railway town with pharmacy, barber shop and tailor shop as well as varying exhibitions. Piggery and hen house from the 1950’s are used as storing facilities.
11:00 - 16:00